Re: Wireless Multimedia Extensions on NetBSD?

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:48:17PM -0700, David Wetzel wrote:

> I wonder if [wme/wmm] are currently on the way for the upcoming NetBSD
> versions?
>
> My mobile works pretty good outgoing on SIP but only when I disable
> power saving it rings when called.  This drains batteries like mad.

I had the same problem with my Nokia E71 / Apple MacBook and a FreeBSD
7.0 access point and since NetBSD imported much of the wireless stuff
from FreeBSD maybe that particular bug was inherited as well.  According
to Sam Leffler ``AP mode power save was broken for a time in [FreeBSD]
7.x'' so upgrading to FreeBSD 8.0 fixed the problem.  Now the E71 can
stay connected for hours without becoming a hot potato and/or draining
its battery in no time.

In his [1]post he also clarified that the bug had nothing to do with
WME/WMM.

                Petar Bogdanovic

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2009-December/053685.html