Re: Definition of NetBSD users

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 03:58:25PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Hmmm....  I don't know all the details, but since you and others have
> mentioned youtube as the prime motivator for wanting to be able to run
> a Flash plugin in a browser, perhaps you don't know that you can
> actually download the video content on youtube (and perhaps google
> video and others) in some "reasonable" video format and then play it
> with a proper video player application.

not everybody is happy to wear a hair shirt and participate in the
self-flagellation of the existing NetBSD desktop "experience," no matter
how reasonable such behavior appears to you.

I haven't had a native compiled firefox work reliably in 3+ years (they
appear to hang up in domain resolution after a few minutes), and have
never gotten ns-wrapper and flash to work.  I make do with the existing
situation and have simply resigned myself to running linux binaries,
which works well enough to get work done, but heavy javascript loads
seem to trigger memory leaks in one of the suse gnome libraries...

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost