Re: Problem with gpt partitioning in NetBSD-5.0.2 amd64

peter%kerwien.homeip.net@localhost (Peter Kerwien) writes:

>Thanks for your answers. Yes I have created wedges, but after that I
>have destroyed my array and re-created it. Perhaps the information is
>still there somewhere. How do I remove wedges properly?

Wedges are only data structures in memory that are not persisent.
You delete them with dkctl delwedge.

Wedges are automatically created when a disk is attached from
information on that disk (MBR, BSD disklabel, GPT) and only if
your kernel has DKWEDGE_AUTODISCOVER and one or more of the
DKWEDGE_METHOD_* enabled.

Using DKWEDGE_METHOD_MBR and DKWEDGE_METHOD_BSDLABEL is difficult
because autodiscover applies to all disks including your boot disk.
DKWEDGE_METHOD_GPT is easy unless you have an EFI system that uses
GPT on the boot disk.

gpt destroy will erase a GPT, autodiscover will then not find
anything to create wedges from.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost