Re: NetBSD flash and java browser plugins

On 14 February 2010 07:10, Predrag Punosevac <punosevac72%yahoo.com@localhost>
wrote:

> I have another questions this time related to another project. Namely, we are
> trying to deploy 150 thin clients in the new lab using Wyse thin clients build
> around VIA 7 chipset. I have tested OpenBSD on these thin clients and it works
> beautifully.
>
> Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately depends on the point of view) OpenBSD does
> not have enough Linux emulation for Flash 10. How good does Flash 10 works on
> NetBSD?

I'm using the Linux flash plugin in native NetBSD 5.0 amd64 via
nspluginwrapper, it
used to work fine for me under i386 previously.

> I am also a bit confused about Java support on NetBSD. Is it possible to
> compile JDK on NetBSD like it is possible on OpenBSD or it has to be used via
> Linux emulation? Specifically I am interested in plugins.= i.e. in JRE
> binaries preferably original SUN.

pkgsrc also has lang/openjdk7 which includes a browser plugin. It used to work
fine for me to run gotomypc.com, but stopped recently - I haven't had
time to look
into it/report it.