Re: dasher (Re: Netbook support - status update?)

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 02:01:54PM +0100, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Apart from the whole discussion on how optional dependencies should be
> tackled within pkgsrc, has anyone been able to build dasher without gnome?
> I haven't so far.

I popped a snapshot of what is in git://git.gnome.org/dasher at:

 http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/prlw1/dasher/dasher-nls.tar.bz2

and I just managed

 ./configure --without-gnome --disable-a11y --disable-nls

on a NetBSD-current/amd64 system with gtk etc from pkgsrc.

BTW sometimes with cairo, on startup the canvas isn't drawn. I need to
resize the window for it to appear. --without-cairo uses gdk, and that
works, which suggests that the events in dasher are correct. The "sometimes"
seems to be "on computers with new cairo", but given all the cairo
dependencies amongst shared libraries, its hard to test against cairo
version - have any of you seen a change of behaviour in cairo-using
applications after a cairo (+ sadly gtk) upgrade?

Cheers,

Patrick