Re: how to use amd?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
HAL is supposed to provide a connection between the kernel's knowledge
of plug-{in,out} events and interested parties in userland, like a
desktop manager. Apparently, NetBSD is finally catching up there.

What tools are also available for NetBSD to communicate with hald to mount
filesystems?

By the way, what does NetBSD offer now for showing when a device is
attached and detached (beyond log(9))?

Any examples of using kqueue to watch device changes? (I found some kqueue
examples for watching a socket file descriptor and for watching files.)

I started working on usbwatchd which is akin to ifwatchd. This uses events on /dev/usb. See USB EVENT INTERFACE in usb(4) for more information. I didn't polish it enough for release because of things like devfs, freza's work and hal in the pipeline.

--
Stephen