GNU grep in /usr/bin? WTF?!

I just noticed that /usr/bin/grep is GNU grep on my NetBSD 4.0_PATCH:

webkeks:~$ /usr/bin/grep --version
grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1

Copyright 1988, 1992-1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

WTF went wrong there? It has the same date as all other files, so it seems it was installed when I used build.sh to update my system.

--
Jonathan