Re: libmetacity-private

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:34:11 +0200
Huub <huubvanniekerk%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > Are you using xorg?  I seem to recall that it's only possible to
> > build gnome with xorg these days.
> >

> Ok, seems startx uses XF86Config. But where do I start building Xorg?
> The pkgsrc directories are empty (except for CVS and README).

/usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg*

A few complications...  First -- you have to put X11_TYPE=modular
into /etc/mk.conf.  Second -- you'll have to rebuild *all* packages
that use X.  Third -- you'll have to adjust a few paths, not just the
default but also XAuthLocation in /etc/ssh/*config.  I don't recall if
anything else has to be changed, but I wouldn't be surprised.