Re: opinions on djbdns

On Aug 13, 2008, at 7:27 AM, Matthias Scheler wrote:

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:12:47PM +0000, Wouter Klouwen wrote:
I run djbdns for my domain (backed up by two rented dns caches) and it has served me very well. No hassle very easy to configure, and it does serve
IPv6 in the form of AAAA records.

But does it support IPv6 as a transport? BIND does that and I use IPv6
to forward DNS requests to my ISP's nameservers all the time.

<URL:http://www.fefe.de/dns/> claims to include "experimental IPv6 transport support". If you run axfrdns, you'd also want <URL:http://www.fefe.de/ucspi/ >, which adds IPv6 support to tcpserver and tcpclient.

The former is available in pkgsrc/net/djbdns as the "inet6" option; it'd make sense to do likewise for the latter, but I haven't gotten around to it, as I'm without IPv6 myself. If someone would like to add the option, go for it.