Re: how about "unbound"? (was: opinions on djbdns)

On 10-Aug-08, at 4:04 PM, Russell McManus wrote:

I am wondering what various NetBSD users think of this software.  The
article made it sound like djbdns was likely to be both more secure
and easier to administer than bind (which I've used lightly for
some time).

I'm not a fan of djb* software, but I've recently been looking at two other caching DNS resolvers, one is called "unbound", and the other is "MaraDNS".

Currently I'm testing "unbound" and it had been working very well until I added a interface alias to add a second IP address to the test host. Now it'll answer queries on the local interface for either the primary address or the alias address, but across the network it only seems to answer queries sent to the primary address, not the alias address, _unless_ the queries use TCP instead of UDP. It must be a problem inside "unbound" I think but I haven't had a chance to delve into it yet.

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>