Re: data loss after system freeze - normal?

Thanks, all clear.

>> Maybe there was an operation in progress on the passwd files when the
system hung ?

True. Kdm (Xorg) start was in progress, i did see Xorg blank screen but
not kde login one and then freezed. I'm still trying to find the reason,
but i assume this is somehow because of keyboard layout. I switched to
standart layout and switch to local one after kdm completes its job.

Thanks.
Cem