data loss after system freeze - normal?

Hello!

Could NetBSD friends share their experiences once a NetBSD 4.X system completely freezes and is restarted by only clicking on power button?

Well, the system rebooted and fcsk started. Then i noticed that master.passwd didn't exist anymore and passwd is empty. I set root pass in single user mode and checked some of config files and restored from backup. I couldn't find any lost+found either. No crash file.

My questions are

- Whether data-loss is normal after fsck completes its job with no lost+found entries. - Whether data-loss is probable on ie; /home partition although it is rw mounted but untouched before freeze.

Regards,