Re: weird /etc/ifconfig.*

On 29 May 2008 at 13:58, Steve Pribyl wrote:

> This is still a mystery to me.
>
> They are different files.
> Is this some side affect from the /etc/security script?   That is the only
> place
> I can find that has copies.
>
> Has anyone else noted this?
> Do many folk run multiple nics?

I have various systems with two or three nics and appropriate
ifconfig.if files and never met such a problem.

I don't see anything in security report and would only expect to do
so after I'd made a change.

What are file permissions and ownership?

Has the interface been restarted with new configuration?

Is there anything suspicious in rc.conf or rc.local or even a
forgotten about cron job.

David