Re: weird /etc/ifconfig.*

This is still a mystery to me.

They are different files.
Is this some side affect from the /etc/security script? That is the only place I can find that has copies.

Has anyone else noted this?
Do many folk run multiple nics?

Steve Pribyl
Senior Infrastructure Practitioner
Peel, Inc
990 Grove St. Suite 204
Evanston, IL 60201
Phone: 847-424-0954 ex 14
Cell: 847-343-2349
Fax: 847-424-0986
spribyl%peel.com@localhost

On 05/21/2008 08:59 AM, Michai Ramakers wrote:
Hi,

I have notices on a couple of my NetBSD 4.0 servers that one or more
/etc/ifconfig.* files will get over written during a reboot.

This would not account for the fact it only happens during reboot (but
perhaps that was the only time you checked): can you list inodes of
the 2 files (the 'changed' one and the one whose contents are used
instead) using e.g. "ls -i /etc/ifconfig*" and verify they are
actually different ?

Take care,
Michai