Re: weird /etc/ifconfig.*

Steve Pribyl wrote:
This is still a mystery to me.

They are different files.
Is this some side affect from the /etc/security script? That is the only place I can find that has copies.

Has anyone else noted this?
Do many folk run multiple nics?

I've got about three netbsd-4 boxes all with multiple NICs, /etc/ifconfig.* files and running /etc/security nightly. I can't say I've ever experienced what your describing here.

I can't think of anything that would *overwrite* the contents of the existing ifconfig.* files.

adrian.