Re: carp fail over

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 02:10:10PM -0500, Steve Pribyl wrote:
> Good Afternoon,
>
> Thanks for the concise answer.
>
> What have I missed then?
> When I pull the plug on one nic and only one carp interface fails over.
>
> If more info is required please just ask.
> ips and passwords have been changed to protect the guilty
>
> MASTER NODE
> from /etc/pf.ctl
> pass quick proto carp all keep state
>
> #ifconcig sysctl -a | grep arp
> net.inet.carp.preempt = 1
> net.inet.carp.arpbalance = 1

I'm not sure net.inet.carp.arpbalance is compatible with preempt. I'm
not using net.inet.carp.arpbalance myself.

Do the output of ifconfig (MASTER vs BACKUP) change on both nodes
when you unplug one cable ?
In my case, the BACKUP becomes master, but I don't remember if
MASTER switch to BACKUP, or if it remains MASTER. It's OK for
MASTER to stay MASTER, because is then has a lower priority than
the other host.