the video card between a rock and hard place...[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

here's a question,
I don't know how easy it will be to answer but here goes,

does anyone know of a video card that uses a PCI ex slot
that would be compatible with XF86?

I think this illustrates my problem as XF 86 hasn't been
updated since 2003 ( by my limited research ) and the
PCI ex slot wasn't invented until 2004.
So my card for PCI ex will therefore not have much support
from XF86.

understanding is bliss,
although it not fix it!:)

thks,