Re: the video card between a rock and hard place...[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Paul (NCC/CS.) wrote:
here's a question, I don't know how easy it will be to answer but here goes,

does anyone know of a video card that uses a PCI ex slot that would be compatible with XF86?
Do you mean PCI Express?

I think this illustrates my problem as XF 86 hasn't been updated since 2003 ( by my limited research ) and the PCI ex slot wasn't invented until 2004. So my card for PCI ex will therefore not have much support
from XF86.
I'm using one right now (I'm almost sure this card is PCI Express x16).
I use XFree from NetBSD4, earlier it worked with NetBSD3 (or 3.1
I don't remember).

Relevant parts od dmesg:
agp0 at pchb0: can't find internal VGA device config space
ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0: Intel 82915P/G/GL PCI Express Bridge (rev. 0x0e)
pci1 at ppb0 bus 4
pci1: i/o space, memory space enabled, rd/line, wr/inv ok
vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: NVIDIA GeForce 6200LE (rev. 0xa1)
vga1: WARNING: ignoring 64-bit BAR @ 0x14
vga1: WARNING: ignoring 64-bit BAR @ 0x1c

Parts of XFree0.log:

(II) LoadModule: "nv"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nv_drv.o
(II) Module nv: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
       Module class: XFree86 Video Driver
       ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.8
[...]
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 04:00:0
(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(--) Chipset GeForce 6200 LE found

Hope this helps,
 Przemek