"encrypted" vs "hashed" in getpwent etc.

Hello,

Every time I end up in the getpwent(3) manual page,
I'm annoyed that it talks about the "encrypted"
password (pw_passwd).  The password isn't encrypted,
it is hashed.

The same language permeates through other docs
(obviously including crypt(3)) and code comments, and
I understand it's been around for aeons, but it simply
seems as inaccurate.

Should this be fixed, or do I just need to accept it?

-Jan