NetBSD guide: Storing third-party software correction

123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
On https://netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-boot.html#chap-boot-pkgsrc

Storing third-party software
On many UNIX-like systems the directory structure under /usr/local is
reserved for applications and files which are independent of the
system's software management. This convention is the reason why most
software developers expect their software to be installed under
/usr/local. NetBSD has no /usr/local directory, but it can be created
manually if needed. NetBSD does not care about anything installed
under /usr/local, so this task is left to you as the system
administrator.

This is a point for NetBSD, at my first thought. /usr/local sucks.
(You can safely skip two line below.)
Why separating "distro"-installed packages with user-installed packages?
They are just packages that are not necessary for the system to boot up.

Skipped over the pain installing NetBSD, I found that there is no
/usr/local, but /usr/pkg with the identical directory structure !!!

Will it worth mentioning?