NetBSD-Desktop archive

Re: Tasks

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 08:34:51PM -0500, Rafal Boni wrote:
> Speaking of FF3, it would be wonderful if we could ship an 'official'
> FF3 build, so that it doesn't call itself minefield, show the 'help us
> debug trunk builds' start page, etc.  (If we're planning on shipping
> FF3 as part of the package... I think it's probably worth doing so for
> the familiar feeling).

If you build the firefox package from source yourself, you are free to
enable the "official-mozilla-branding" pkgsrc option to get the official
Firefox branding (name, logo, startup page).  However the binaries are
no longer redistributable then, that's why it's disabled by default.

See http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/ for more information.

To be able to distribute official ("unaltered") binaries, Mozilla must
approve all of our patches, and they haven't been responsive for years.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F