NetBSD-Desktop archive

Re: Tasks

Andrew Doran wrote:

> Any takers for some of the existing tasks listed? Note that this mailing
> list is moderated so do not hesitate to chime in. *
>
> Packages / branding / combined distribution
>
> - The ones with no legal concerns as noted on the wiki could be put into a
>   single meta package initially. The stuff that needs investigation could be
>   put into another package or merged into the original one incrementally.
>
> - I can provide the prototype theme stuff this week-end if someone wants it.
>   It is only a starting point but it would be good to figure out how to
>   apply it to GNOME etc.
>
> - One question is how we integrate it with pkgsrc. Does the packages simply
>   go into the meta-packages directory? Do we keep a private tree? Do we get
>   a NetBSD *system* specific directory in pkgsrc? Thought required. I bet
>   someone on packages@ can answer this and/or will be keen to help.
>
> - I hear youtube works with mplayer and the ns-plugin-wrapper thing works too.
>
> System installation
>
> - Need to look into enabling line editing and tab completion by default in
>   sh/ksh. If someone can figure it out a good way to do this by default, I
>   will be happy to absorb any flamage and commit the changes.

Our ksh already has it by default.

Although a good addition would be to supply mksh instead of that old version of
pdksh in our sources: https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm#contrib
Which is an actively maintained version of pdksh with some additions found
in bash and many other original new features plus bugfixes and portability
enhancements.

--
When in doubt, use brute force.

Adam Hoka <ahoka%NetBSD.org@localhost>