Re: How to build only one part of NetBSD system

> >> I tried going into libexec/ld.elf_so and running "make
> >> install" but that didn't work or even come close.

> > It would be something like:

> >       cd src/libexec/ld.elf_so
> >       ${TOOLDIR}/bin/nbmake-${arch} dependall
> >       ${TOOLDIR}/bin/nbmake-${arch} install

> and if the tool nbmake was built with a different DESTDIR
> configured e.g. via "build.sh -D <some-DESTDIR>", you would need

>         ${TOOLDIR}/bin/nbmake-${arch} DESTDIR= dependall
>         ${TOOLDIR}/bin/nbmake-${arch} DESTDIR= install

> to build this against the currently installed system and to
> install it.

> As always before such an operation, "do the kernel first".

> Regards,

> - HÃ¥vard

How do you do the kernel first without building the userland to build the updated tools?

I tried again to build for amd64 but failed on something with amdgpu.

*** Signal 11

Stop.
nbmake[7]: stopped in /BETA1/netbsd-HEAD/usr/src/sys/modules/amdgpu

*** Failed target:  dependall
*** Failed command: cd "/BETA1/netbsd-HEAD/usr/src/sys/modules/amdgpu"; /BETA1/netbsd-HEAD/usr/src/../tooldir/bin/nbmake realall
*** Error code 1

I don't know what to do further regarding NetBSD update, except maybe try for i386, where there seems to be no reference to amdgpu.

Tom