How to build only one part of NetBSD system

From /usr/src/UPDATING,

Recent changes:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

20230112:
        New binutils require an updated ld.elf_so. If you are doing
        (unsupported) in-place self builds (with the -E flag to build.sh),
        make sure to have installed latest ld.elf_so before you rebuild
        userland.

So how do I build /usr/src/lbexec/ld.elf_so preliminary to rebuilding the whole NetBSD (current)?

I tried going into libexec/ld.elf_so and running "make install" but that didn't work or even come close.

I don't think I could have used build.sh for just this component.

I had two failed builds of NetBSD-current (10.99.2) before looking more closely at /usr/src/UPDATING.

So I feel like I might have been missing sommething before looking at BUILDING and UPDATING files.

I looked at build.sh script but didn't see anything about building only this one component.

Tom