Re: Branching for netbsd-10 next week

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 07:59:35PM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> > I will want to update my NetBSD installation from 9.99.82 from source
> > and am inclined toward 10.99.1 rather than 10.0_BETA.  I use "cvs up
> > -dP -A" to update the source on base system and pkgsrc, currently am on
> > native X.

> As your current installation is in the "bad" time window, you will have to
> follow Chuck's guide to safely update:

>         https://wiki.netbsd.org/features/UFS2ea/

> But most likely you will decide to no not need EAs and the easy upgrade
> path is to stay with FFSv2 (i.e.: not run ufs2ea-flip, but only fsck).

> This is the path we expect most users to take.

> Martin

I don't know what you mean by the "bad" time window but think now I do better to maintain compatibility, especially since the entropy bug, which gets in the way of building packages, might still pose problems as nia says.

A couple days ago, didn't you say the branch was 10 hours away?

Has Linux emulation improved since NetBSD 9.99.82?

Tom