Re: Using the audio(4) driver for recording under -current?

	hello.  Just to clarify, I'm not trying to use two audio devices for recording at the same
time.  What I was doing was something like:

#set up the audio device first
audioctl -d /dev/sound2 -w record.rate=44100 record.channels=2 record.precision=16 \
 record.encoding=slinear_le

#Now, the mixer device
mixerctl -d /dev/mixer2 -w inputs.line=240,240 record.source=mic inputs.mic.mute=off \
 record.volume=240,240

Then, to record:
cat /dev/sound2 > rawrecordingfile

Of course, the above parameters need to be changed for the specific audio device which is to be
used, but the resulting behavior is the ame, whether I'm using a uaudio device or an hdaudio
device.  The behavior is:

The recording file gets no data from /dev/soundx
cat fails with an error: resource temporarily unavailable
and, I get kernel messages like: audio2: device timeout

At least you guys are getting data out of your  audio devices. :)
-Brian