Re: Using the audio(4) driver for recording under -current?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022, Brian Buhrow wrote:

	hello.  Just to clarify, I'm not trying to use two audio devices for recording at the same
time.  What I was doing was something like:

That (mildly adapted for my HW) works for me.

Of course, the above parameters need to be changed for the specific audio device which is to be
used, but the resulting behavior is the ame, whether I'm using a uaudio device or an hdaudio
device.  The behavior is:

The recording file gets no data from /dev/soundx
cat fails with an error: resource temporarily unavailable
and, I get kernel messages like: audio2: device timeout

For your HW, HDaudio might need custom patches/widget setup. Will have
to look at the Linux sources. Can you post:

1. dmesg output (after boot -vx)

2. hdaudioctl output:

	hdaudioctl list
	hdaudioctl show <CID> <NID>