Re: Using the audio(4) driver for recording under -current?

buhrow%nfbcal.org@localhost (Brian Buhrow) writes:

>	hello.  thanks for the feedback.  In my case, recording doesn't work for hdaudio or uaudio
>devices.  What's strange is that I would expect data to be taken from the wrong input,
>resulting in a file of silence, but I wouldn't expect kernel messages telling me the audio device
>timed out.

When there is a audio timeout, the hardware stopped producing (or consuming)
data. Strange that this happens for hdaudio and uaudio at the same time.

I get a timeout for "recording" from the second hdaudio device (which
here is the display port).

N.B. if you test recording, check the hardware audio parameters with
audiocfg list and tell audiorecord to use exactly these values. This
removes the various converters from the stream.