Re: Weird clock behaviour with current (amd64) kernel

    Date:        Thu, 14 Jul 2022 23:17:36 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        RVP <rvp%SDF.ORG@localhost>

  | Works OK for me with an updated-just-now customized (ie. just a lot of stuff
  | removed) GENERIC.

My kernel is similar (though still has too much unnecessary stuff, but
that just takes a bit more time to remove).

I am guessing (no more than that) that this might be related to
the pci config dump, which writes tens of thousands of lines to
the console, takes 10 or 15 mins (haven't timed it, but it seems
like hours sitting watching it... it isn't, just seems like it)
during all of which the timestamps added don't advance at all,
10 mins (or however long it takes) later the timestamp is still
1.03.... seconds (it starts at 1).   That time advanced from
1 shows time measurement started, that it did not continue shows
something stalled.  After the pci dump is done, the timestamps
start advancing again as autoconfig continues, with the missing
minutes just missing.   Since I wasn't looking for timekeeping
issues, I was not watching to see if those timestamps were
keeping accurate time or not.

  | Heh. It's not just Cyan/Yellow; Red and Blue are swapped too, because:
  |
  | /usr/src/sys/dev/wscons/wsdisplayvar.h and
  | /usr/src/sys/dev/ic/pcdisplay.h have different values for those colours.

If that is all it is, it is barely worth fixing ... though this
must have happened sometime in the 9.99.9[78] series (sometime
after early last Dec) - up to then I was building and running
custom cyan text console systems (I kept building after that but
didn't boot them... or not on real hardware) I have been mostly
running GENERIC (green, which seems unaffected, or everyone would
be noticing) since then, until very recently...  The yellow was
just a quirk I didn't bother mentioning until I had another reason
to send a (semi-related) message.

zre