Re: Weird clock behaviour with current (amd64) kernel

kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost (Robert Elz) writes:

>  | Heh. It's not just Cyan/Yellow; Red and Blue are swapped too, because:
>  | /usr/src/sys/dev/wscons/wsdisplayvar.h and
>  | /usr/src/sys/dev/ic/pcdisplay.h have different values for those colour=
>s.

>If that is all it is, it is barely worth fixing ... though this
>must have happened sometime in the 9.99.9[78] series (sometime
>after early last Dec) - up to then I was building and running
>custom cyan text console systems (I kept building after that but
>didn't boot them... or not on real hardware) I have been mostly
>running GENERIC (green, which seems unaffected, or everyone would
>be noticing) since then, until very recently...  The yellow was
>just a quirk I didn't bother mentioning until I had another reason
>to send a (semi-related) message.

wsdisplayvar.h has ANSI color codes.
pcdisplay.h has VGA color codes.

wscons drivers need to interpret ANSI color codes in their allocattr
function. The VGA driver translates between ANSI and VGA codes
(dev/ic/vga.c, see the fgansitopc/bgansitopc tables). 24bit
framebuffers using rasops use a colormap (dev/rasops/rasops.c, see
the rasops_cmap).

Whatever driver you use either doesn't translate correctly or badly
assumes some hardware configuration (e.g. color palette) when booting.

Does the color shift also happen after a cold boot ?