Re: Honey, I broke public-key logins

From: Bob Bernstein <poobah%ruptured-duck.com@localhost>
Subject: Honey, I broke public-key logins
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 18:21:52 -0400 (EDT)

> I never really was one to look before I leap, and a recent 'sysbuild'
> and 'sysupgrade' to 9.99.92 produced the effect noted above in
> Subject:. (The reference is to the film "Honey I shrunk the kids.")

https://www.openssh.com/txt/release-8.8

"Incompatibility is more likely when connecting to older SSH
implementations that have not been upgraded or have not closely tracked
improvements in the SSH protocol. For these cases, it may be necessary
to selectively re-enable RSA/SHA1 to allow connection and/or user
authentication via the HostkeyAlgorithms and PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms
options. For example, the following stanza in ~/.ssh/config will enable
RSA/SHA1 for host and user authentication for a single destination host:

    Host old-host
        HostkeyAlgorithms +ssh-rsa
	PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms +ssh-rsa
"