Re: Problem reports for version control systems

On Sat, 1 May 2021 12:58:50 +1200, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> I'm not using a SLOG. I couldn't be bothered setting one up on my
> crash and burn systems. It doesn't seem to be too bad, except for
> when I try and run "rm -rf src".

Looking at 'systat -w2 vmstat' during writes to zfs, the activity on my
machine's ZLOG is amazing. And for the end phase of a 'cvs update', it
would make a huge difference.

>> Both from home (16 MBit DSL) and $WORKPLACE I am frequently running cvs
>> updates through filtering routers (pf(4) here), and basically never see
>> connection issues.
>
> Germany is pretty much the opposite of New Zealand. It's close to
> everywhere, but its last mile access speeds are a bit infamous.

More speed is available where I live, I just don't have an imminent
need. 'cvs update' works anyway.  ;)

Cheerio,
Hauke

--