Re: Problem reports for version control systems

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 17:31:53 +1200, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> The host is a Xeon E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz with eight hyperthreads and
> 32GB RAM. It has a 128GB SSD for / and 4x4TB disks in a raidz zpool
> on /vol. All work is being done on /vol.

Out of curiosity: Do you use a ZIL SLOG* volume with that setup? I
remember cvs operations used to be a lot slower on spinning rust than
on SSD.

Both from home (16 MBit DSL) and $WORKPLACE I am frequently running cvs
updates through filtering routers (pf(4) here), and basically never see
connection issues.

Cheerio,
Hauke

*