Re: unable to boot NetBSD-9.99.64-amd64-install.img on a MacBook7,1

At Sat, 13 Jun 2020 22:03:39 -0700, "Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: unable to boot NetBSD-9.99.64-amd64-install.img on a MacBook7,1

> At Tue, 09 Jun 2020 22:01:41 -0700, "Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:
> Subject: unable to boot NetBSD-9.99.64-amd64-install.img on a MacBook7,1
> >
> > Most interestingly if I do some playing at the boot prompt first such
> > that there is lots of white text in the small centre area, then try to
> > boot, the lines of green dots overwrite the top about 1/3 of the screen
> > leaving the lower portion of the white boot loader text still visible:
> >
> >     http://www.planix.ca/~woods/macbookpro-netbsd-boot-fail.jpg
>
> Same goes for today's snapshot from:
>
>      https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/202006131940Z/images/NetBSD-9.99.66-amd64-install.img.gz

Would knowing anything about how FreeBSD works on this machine help
figure out why NetBSD doesn't?

I have FreeBSD 12.1 installed and (mostly) working (the nvidia driver
crashes it when starting X).

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>