Re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost ("John D. Baker") writes:

>Now, it is too far to the left, with the central vertical bar almost
>adjacent to the left border.  The crossbars at the top and bottom of
>the edit cursor glitch the left border where they cross it.

You are right. The cursor was two pixels off to the left, I just
fixed that.

>The font it chose seems uncomfortably large for the size of the
>edit field.  Indeed, the entire greeter widget seems cramped and

It choses the fonts for prompt and text and then sizes the edit
fields to these two fonts.

Previously it miscalculated sizes which caused it to misplace the
characters in relation to the border. Now it does an exact calculation.
The previous guesswork may or may not have accidentially introduced
some visible padding. Now there is no padding between font and field
border.

But since the calculation is now exact, we can add some padding.

>the CLIENTHOST (which is the FQDN in my case) makes the greet message
>extend to the left quite a way.  It used not to do that.

It did sometimes. I now made the widget is a little bit wider so
that the message neither touches or trashes the border.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost