Re: NetBSD-current amd64 with dhcpcd connects only partially

On 13/06/2017 11:22, Robert Elz wrote:
> Look for /libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks (which should be executable) and
> /libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/* which should have a bunch of files that should
> be readable (do not need 'x' not that it would hurt.)   I'm not sure
> just where the ifconfig's get done though.  Roy?

ifconfig(8) and route(8) aren't exactly portable.
Plus, they (and the $OTHER_OS equivalents) don't allow the full range of
address and routing changes that may be required.
As such, dhcpcd makes the kernel calls directly.

There is one known bug with the version imported into -current right now
where a classless static route option may set the network mask
incorrectly for the default route, but that will be resolved at the next
import. This *could* be the issue Thomas is facing, but he's not given
enough information to be sure.

Roy