NetBSD-current amd64 with dhcpcd connects only partially

> > On my latest NetBSD-current amd64 installation, from the small hours June 11, I get mixed results with re(4) driver and wonder if there is any dhcpcd tweak that will help.

> > On motherboard MSI Z68MA-ED55(B3), Realtek 8111E/8168 Ethernet chip, "dhcpcd re0" connects OK, local network and outside.

> > On motherboard MSI Z77 MPOWER, closely related Realtek Ethernet chip, "dhcpcd re0" only succeeded partially.

> > I was surprised, after "host news.individual.net" failed to find IP address of that server, I was apparently able to connect on local LAN.

> > Router is at 192.168.0.1
> > showmount -e 192.168.0.6 and showmount -e 192.168.0.5 worked properly, great surprise: intranet but no Internet.

> > My question is what, if anything, I can do through dhcpcd special options or dhcpcd.conf to be able to see the Internet and not merely the local intranet.

> > I looked through /etc/dhcpcd.conf and "man dhcpcd" but couldn't see what to do.

> assuming both hosts are on the same network, do both hosts have matching
> netstat -nrf inet4 output and resolv.conf files?

> Roy

Do you really mean netstat -nrf inet4 , or should that be inet?  I am in FreeBSD now and checked "man netstat" for both FreeBSD and NetBSD.

I am in FreeBSD now but can see the /etc/resolv.conf files match :

# Generated by resolvconf
nameserver 209.18.47.61
nameserver 209.18.47.62

I run netstat -nrf inet on FreeBSD, and it shows only local interfaces, so don't expect anything better in NetBSD:

Routing tables

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Netif Expire
default            192.168.0.1        UGS         re0
127.0.0.1          link#2             UH          lo0
192.168.0.0/24     link#1             U           re0
192.168.0.5        link#1             UHS         lo0

Now if I knew what options/parameters to tweak, I could try again in NetBSD.

For when to try to rebuild NetBSD, I look to
http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/builds.cgi

and shy away when I see something like

Currently building tag: HEAD started at Mon Jun 12 22:50:42 UTC 2017 0 passed 49 failed so far

Tom