Re: dk wedges vs netbsd -current

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 10:14:02PM +1100, Geoff Wing wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean here.  I presume you understand the purpose
> of dkscan_bsdlabel(8).

Yes (I think I created the userland version of it back then).

>  I also presume you understand the commented out
> DKWEDGE_METHOD_* stuff.

Yes, but pretty sure it has nothing to do with your issue.

>  If you've never added dk wedge info onto the
> disk (e.g. during a 7.1 install) where do you think it will come from?

dk(4) is a pure runtime construct, it has no native on-disk representation.
That is why I assumed you were talking about GPT instead.

> Install NetBSD 7.1 (i386) from CD/USB.
> Put in -current.
> Fail.

As Michael already said, this failure has nothing to do with dk(4). If your
disks would be recognized properly, the system would just boot.

This should work both for just using a -current kernel, as well as doing
a full kernel+userland update.

Martin