Re: Lenovo T500 hang

On 2016-06-03 10:11, Stephen Borrill wrote:
I have a T500 which is my main NetBSD dev machine.

Do you have a dmesg? Perhaps yours is a model without switchable
graphics or the 3G modem, etc.

http://www.netbsd.org/~roy/t500-dmesg.txt
Hopefully you can spot the difference.

Trimmed down GENERIC.
http://www.netbsd.org/~roy/t500-GENERIC

I haven't updated the kernel in a month or so, but it's been running -current very well.

Does it run at a sensible temperature? Mine runs very hot and runs the
battery down very quickly.

I use estd from pkgsrc to help with the automatic cpu stepping.
Without it, the CPU will always be at full throttle drawing max watts.
With it, even idle it gets warm. But then the cooling fan is really on it's last grindy legs.

Roy