Lenovo T500 hang

Somewhere after 7.0_RC2, a problem started where the machine hangs right at the end of the kernel boot just before it prints the boot device:

pad0: outputs: 44100Hz, 16-bit, stereo
audio1 at pad0: half duplex, playback, capture
*** HANGS HERE ***
boot device: wd0
root on wd0a dumps on wd0b

The only thing to do is to power the machine off. This happens with all later kernels (including -current).

I've not had chance to bisect the sources yet as I need to use the machine for real work (and running NetBSD 7 on it also makes it so hot it burns my legs).

I think a few users (and developers) have Lenovo T500 laptops. Does any recent NetBSD work for them?

--
Stephen