Re: Building PCC for "tools" is broken (missing symbol __USE)- PCC bug or NetBSD source tree error?

On 31 July 2014 06:13:00 BST, "William D. Jones"
<thor0505%comcast.net@localhost> wrote:
>Sorry for the delay in getting back. Iain sent me an email suggesting a
>
>checkout like you suggested, or using prepare_import.sh in
>$NETBSD_ROOT/external/bsd/pcc/. Is prepare_import.sh up to date?

it should be fine for current PCC sources

 Should
>use that script instead, or are there subtle issues to using that
>script
>right now as opposed to applying the diff directly (I've read that
>PCC's
>files are kept in multiple parts of the source tree)?

I don't think that is the case, feel free to apply the diff directly

It seems as if
>"prepare_import.sh" implements the equivalent of git subtree (track
>repository from within repositoty).

I use that script to prepare the PCC sources before import to netbsd tree.. you
can use it locally and get the same result as if I had imported a new version

if you just apply one patch at a time there is always the chance you miss
something

>Additionally, the bottom of prepare_import.sh is confusing me:
>echo ""
>echo "after testing, use the following command to import from the dist
>directory,"
>echo ""
>echo "    cvs import src/external/bsd/pcc/dist ragge pcc-${datestamp}"
>echo ""
>echo "providing a ChangeLog in the commit message."
>
>Is that supposed to be your job, Anders, since my username is not
>ragge, and
>I don't have write access :P.

you can ignore that stuff.. it is a note for somebody who is importing a new
version, so that over time we are consistent

Iain
(sorry if poor formatting, on my phone)