Re: Building PCC for "tools" is broken (missing symbol __USE)- PCC bug or NetBSD source tree error?

Once again, sorry for the delay (I need to work on this). Just as a heads-up, prepare_import.sh appears to be broken on my (Ubuntu-Linux) machine, so I'll go ahead and just apply the diff we discussed that add __restrict in arrays directly. This means that my copy of pcc will be a hybrid between the currently imported pcc tree in NetBSD and the current master on pcc.ludd.ltu.se- not sure if that will be an issue in practice however. I'm going to do a clean build of my 486 machine's tree beforehand with the pcc-20140706, however, to make sure my source tree is sane (see "Missing files in DESTDIR- NetBSD version increment problem?").

Have B. Harder's ("Re: pcc build error that has been outstanding for a few days...") changes been added to the main tree yet?

Perhaps PCC will be ready by the time NetBSD 7 is released- there's still time to make sure it works!

The following shows the error:

william@xubuntu-ltrain:~/Projects/NetBSD-CVS/src/external/bsd/pcc$ ./prepare-import.sh
+ set -e
+ [ ! -d work -o ! -d work/pcc ]
+ echo ====> Removing pcc CVS directories...
====> Removing pcc CVS directories...
+ find work+  -typexargs rm -Rf
d -name CVS
+ echo ====> Fixing file and directory permissions...
====> Fixing file and directory permissions...
+ find work -type d -exec chmod u=rwx,go=rx {} ;
+ find work -type f -exec chmod u=rw,go=r {} ;
+ echo ====> Fixing RCS tags...
====> Fixing RCS tags...
+ grep -RL \$(NetBSD|Id).*\$ work
\1\$NetBSD\$\3,
sed: -e expression #2, char 29: Invalid character class name

Sadly, I do not know enough about the context of replacements you are trying to make to feel comfortable editing this myself.

Thanks again for your prompt responses!

-----Original Message----- From: Iain Hibbert