Re: /etc/ttys defaults, was Persistent green messages interrupting console on NetBSD 6.99.19 i386

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013, Greg Troxel wrote:
I think that there really needs to be a default workflow that is not interactive and has reasonable results. I think that requires storing the previous pure etc.tgz contents to allow three-way merging, but that's a small price to pay for reduced thinking.

Yes, I think etcupdate should be changed to keep a copy of the previous etc.tgz to allow three-way merges.

(My current approach is to run etcmanage and then look at diffs.)

I should look at etcmanage.

--apb (Alan Barrett)