Re: /etc/ttys defaults, was Persistent green messages interrupting console on NetBSD 6.99.19 i386

On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 09:36:37 +0000 (UTC)
"Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost> wrote:

> Sneaky default of only one virtual terminal makes NetBSD look like a
> shoddy OS compared to FreeBSD and Linux.

I really can't agree with this sentiment at all and I see no reason why
you feel compelled to carry on making statements in a similar vein here,
as you have been doing for some time now. NetBSD is a clean system,
perhaps with some or even many problems, but if you think the other
systems you mention don't have problems even more serious than the
minor issue you mention you are very much mistaken.

So far I have found the recent 6.1 release to be a stunning piece of
engineering. How they manage to compress so much functionality into one
of the lightest operating systems you are ever likely to use is a marvel
to me. Perhaps as an ordinary user with no programming skills and few
sysadmin skills I don't know as much as you but 6.1, 6.0, 5.2 and
earlier have all worked beautifully for me. Small issues don't trouble
me. I have encountered far more frustrating and exasperating issues in
the two OSes you mention.

--
Gerard Lally