Re: sysinst & X11 sets

    Date:        Tue, 7 Aug 2012 00:07:58 -0400
    From:        Matthew Mondor <mm_lists%pulsar-zone.net@localhost>

  | But if the X11 sets were there, I assume you used -x as well?

Oh yes, I should have said that explicitly, it was a "build everything".

I also need to use -e, as I have the sources checked out into
$DESTDIR/usr/src (where they belong, IMO) and that's where I build
from, but build.sh really doesn't (without -e) like having these
extra files in "its" DESTDIR, and even with -e, insists on listing
evry single one of them in the build log -- but none of this is
new, it has been like that ever since build.sh appeared (at least
since it started checking the contents of DESTDIR, whichever of
those two came last) so I didn't think to mention that one either.

If I go far enough back into the past, I used to do custom installs
all the time (actually, for a reason, unlike this time) and never
had a problem with the X11 sets - but that would have been before
the sub-menu stuff was added.

  | If you did use -x, it looks like a bug to me

As I just mentioned in my other reply (to Julian's message) I will
do more testing now I know more of what is supposed to happen, and
if it was not just my finger trouble (it is possible, that "enter"
was the one key on the keyboard I didnt manage to hit...) then
I will file a PR (if I just screwed up last time, I will let this
list know - it was a "real" install, so I just "made it work" by
installing the X11 sets - which were on the CD (DVD) - by hand
after sysinst finished, and never tried it again).

Thanks,

kre