Re: Sysinst default root login shell

On 2012-04-13 06:58, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 11:04:33PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Funny you should say that, while a CVS checkout of all of the NetBSD
source tree have grown in time from about 20 minutes to about 5 hours on
a VAX-8650 as we move from NetBSD 2 to NetBSD 5. Did we really improve
performance, or did we only just get faster computers, while the code
itself got slower?
Because I doubt you can claim a 10 time size increase of the source code
tree...

If you install NetBSD-2 on your VAX-8650, does a checkout of the current
source tree take more or less time than checking it out when running
NetBSD 5 on the same machine?  If you're going to claim that one version
of the OS is slower than another you should have them perform the same
task.

On my list of things to test. Unfortunately the cooling of the computer hall broke a while back, so all such testing came to a halt.

        Johnny