Re: ATF tests still failing to complete within 2 hours on amd64

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 11:31:48PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
 > > Well, if it's broken we should certainly try to fix it. That said,
 > > even if it's not broken, I think three failures in 10,000 is too high
 > > for production use... at least if the failure causes a panic at boot
 > > time. Particularly a panic at boot time when new users are trying to
 > > boot the installer for the first time.
 >
 > I can't see why.  One in 3,333 times, the test falses positive, the
 > machine reboots, and comes back up running normally.

You mean: one in 3,333 new users who installs NetBSD discovers that it
panics while running the installer, doesn't bother to try again, and
goes around saying "oh, I tried NetBSD, it doesn't work".

We really don't need that.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost