Re: Automated email notifications of NetBSD-current build failures

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 12:03:53PM +0200, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
 > > > A single email is sent when the build goes from working to broken;
 > >
 > > What about the opposite transition?
 >
 > Currently, no email is generated for that.  I'm trying to minimize the
 > number of emails; I really don't want to end up spamming the list.

I would say it'd be worth following up to the original post (with
people often want to know, (2) crosschecking in source-changes is a
pain and sometimes difficult, and (3) if coming along a couple days
later I like to be able to know up front which issues I don't have to
look at.

Also, if the build stays broken in the same way for more than 24
hours, maybe it should mail to gnats...

(how good is it at detecting when one failure changes to another?)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost