Re: Automated email notifications of NetBSD-current build failures

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 20:17:54 +0000
David Holland <dholland-current%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I would say it'd be worth following up to the original post (with
> people often want to know, (2) crosschecking in source-changes is a
> pain and sometimes difficult, and (3) if coming along a couple days
> later I like to be able to know up front which issues I don't have to
> look at.
>
> Also, if the build stays broken in the same way for more than 24
> hours, maybe it should mail to gnats...
>
> (how good is it at detecting when one failure changes to another?)

In such case, it'd also probably be a good idea to include a PR-like
problem serial number as part of the Subject header (that also could be
a combination of the tag (if any) and checkout/update timestamp)?

I'm now thinking that if the PR system was rewritten and included an
API for such, the system could possibly actually automatically allocate
a PR ticket, heh.  I wonder if that'd be considered overkill or
PR-spam, though.
--
Matt