Re: nsdispatch capability

OK, found at least one of the culprits, or where it starts.

The library calls gethostbyname, and that must call in a bunch more.

David

>>> "David Dudley" <DavidDu%cctexas.com@localhost> 11/26/2008 4:12 PM >>>
Wasn't quite clear on that.  When I try to execute the completed
program, it won't start, and says it can't find "nss_dns.so.0".

I didn't write the library I'm using, so I'm searching through it to
see what function they used.

David

On 26 Nov 2008, at 21:26, David Dudley wrote:
> I'm having a problem with getting a program to run that is doing
host
> lookups.

What API do you use? The best API is probably getaddrinfo(3) or
the slightly more complicate res_query(3).

> It's written in C++, and when I run it, it tries to reference
> "nss_dns.so.0" unsuccessfully.

Why do you try to use that NSS module directly? There is no
reason to do that. NSS modules are supposed to be used by
the system's C library, not by applications.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/

BEGIN:VCARD